Monday, September 21, 2009

Ultimos dias en Hong Kong/ Last days in Hong Kong
















Hey hey, here I am, in India (Mumbai), it's insane! But before I start with India, gotta write about the last couple of days in HK. So... my last full day I went to Macau (which is also a SAR- Special Administrative Region)- so passport needed, had to go through immigration and everything, no customs though, uhm... Macau was great, it used to belong to Portugal, so big portuguese influence on architecture and language. Walked around all day, almost died of heat again, walked into many churches, monasteries, museums, squares. I got the ferry back to Hong Kong after dinner. We hang out with Sebastien and then his friend Christine came over. News on project number 2, Mascots- swapped my koala with Sebastien for a Nepalese painting on cloth that he had. I've got a picture of the Swapping Ceremony, but can't upload it now. We had some drinks at his place and then went out to Wan Chai area- the 3 of us got terribly pissed, ended up (or started up actually...) dancing on the bar- at some points, there were almost more people dancing up on the bar that on the ground. We made it back to the apartment after Christine and I finally found drunk Sebastien in a corner of the bar- oh yeah, big embarrassment! Went to bed at 5:30 am- woke up the next day at 10am to go to the airport- feeling like SHIT needless to say. But hey, I didn't miss my flight, so that's all that matters!
Now, about project numer 1, plane meals- I just got a regular meal on this flight. Not sure why, cause my ticket said I was supposed to get Asian Vegetarian. I considered complaining and kicking up a big fuzz for a minute but decided against it. Not cause of being polite, but cause I really liked the sounds of the Lamb Rogan Gosh (or however you spell it) on the menu. So yeah... so much for being a vegetarian!
So that was it, that was Hong Kong- awesome city, heaps of fun, shitloads of stuff to do, and thanks so much to Sebastien, my super couchsurfing host, he was beyond excellent!

Hola, hola, aqui estoy en Mumbai, India!! Es una locura este lugar, pero antes de contar sobre India tengo que contar sobre los ultimos dias en Hong Kong. Mi ultimo dia entero que tuve fui a Macau (igual que Hong Kong, es una SAR- Region Administrativa Especial, que significa que pertenece a China pero tiene independencia en cuanto a otros aspectos). Asi que necesite pasporte, tramite de inmigraciones, todo eso... pero no habia aduana OOPS! Macau antes pertenecia a Portugal, asi que mucha influencia portuguesa en la arquitectura, idioma, etc. Camine todo el dia, casi me muero del calor otra vez, y entre a muchas iglesias, monasterios, museos, plazas. Me tome el ferry de vuelta a Hong Kong a la noche, llegue despues de la cena. Estuvimos charlando y boludeando con Sebastien, y despues vino una amiga de el, Christine. Y tengo noticias sobre el proyecto numero 2, mascotas- cambie con Sebastien mi koala por una pintura de Nepal sobre tela que tenia el. Tengo fotos de la Ceremonia del Trueque, pero no las puedo subir ahora, otro dia las agrego. Nos quedamos charlando y tomando en el depto un rato, y despues fuimos a los bares y discos de Wan Chai- los 3 nos pusimos un pedo mal, terminamos (o mejor dicho, empezamos) bailando en la barra de un bar (que de hecho por momentos habia mas gente bailando arriba de la barra que abajo en el piso). Volvimos al depto despues de que Christine y yo finalmente encontramos al borracho Sebastien en un rincon del bar- si, si, que verguenza! Asi que no me fui a dormir hasta las 5:30am, me tuve que despertar al dia siguiente a las 10am para ir al aeropuerto. De mas esta decir que me sentia pesimo. Pero no perdi el vuelo, eso es lo importante!
Ahora, con respecto al proyecto numero 1, las comidas del avion- me dieron una comida normal en este vuelo. No se por que, porque en mi ticket decia que en este vuelo me tocaba una comida asiatica vegetariana. Considere quejarme y armar flor de escandalo por un momento, pero al final decidi no hacerlo- no por ser educada, sino porque leyendo el menu el cordero rogan gosh ( o como sea que se escriba) me tento mucho. Que buena vegetariana que soy, no...?
Y eso fue Hong Kong- lugar muy copado, con mucha onda, montones de cosas para ver y hacer, y muchisimas gracias a Sebastien, mi super anfitrion de couchsurfing, se paso!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment