Saturday, September 26, 2009

Udaipur




This is such a beautiful city! We spent the day walking around. I bought myself a pair of pants and a pair of shoes, so I'm all indian looking now. Indians don't stare so much here. But we did have a 14 year old boy following us around with his bicycle for about 45 mins (at least, no joke!), blowing kisses at us and talking sleazily in Hindi- he would not go away, we tried all methods, he obviously has a very boring life if he can spare 45mins of his time to ride in circles round tourists. He finally got the courage and touched Jane on the back, to which I picked up a rock from the ground and I was ready to stone him to death, had Jane not stopped me by reminding me we are not in Yemen. But the kid got the idea, and rode away after I menacingly held the rock up and yelled at him. Apart from that the day was quite uneventful- oh, apart from the fact that as we were walking on the road I got bullied by a bull- yeah, he literally horned me; didn't hurt much though, but I'm sure I'll have a nice bruise tomorrow. We saw Jagdish temple, went inside a havelli (and saw the world's largest turbant, oh yeah!), and then caught a boat round the Lake Pichola and over to a palace on an island- beautiful, saw sunset there. We spent part of the day with 2 Spanish girls and part with a Colombian guy (whose picture is actually in today's newspaper here), and met up some argies as well. Gotta head back to the hotel now, to get some dinner and gotta make sure we don't walk out too late cause we got an 11pm curfew- yes, they look after us here!

Esta ciudad es lindisima!! Nos pasamos el dia caminando y recorriendola. Me compre un pantalon y un par de zapatos, asi que estoy onda india ahora. Los indios no miran fijo tanto aca. Pero lo que si tuvimos fue un pibe de 14 anios siguiendonos en su bicicleta por 45 minutos (al menos! no exagero!), tirandonos besos y diciendo vaya uno a saber que en Hindi- no nos lo podiamos sacar de encima, tratamos de todas maneras, obviamente tiene una vida muy aburrida si se puede pasar 45 minutos de su tiempo andando en bici en circulos alrededor de turistas. Finalmente junto coraje y le toco la espalda a Jane, a lo cual yo levante una piedra del piso y estaba lista para apedrearlo a muerte, pero por suerte Jane me freno, recordandome que no estamos en Yemen. Pero entendio la idea el chico, porque nos dejo en paz cuando me vio con la piedra en la mano y gritandole. Aparte de eso, nada destacable- ah! salvo por el hecho de que un toro me patoteo- si, estabamos caminando por la calle y se ve que no le cai bien porque me clavo un cuerno en la pierna. No me dolio mucho, pero seguro que voy a tener un buen moreton manana. Fuimos al templo Jagdish, entramos en una havelli (y vimos el turbante mas grande del mundo, yuppie!), y despues nos subimos a un barco que dio una vueltas por el lago Pichola y nos llevo a un palacio en una isla- lindisimo, vimos el atardecer ahi. Pasamos parte del dia con 2 chicas espaniolas, y parte con un chico colombiano (que su foto hoy salio en el diario de aca), y tambien me encontre con unos argentinos. Ahora me voy a volver al hotel, porque tenemos que cenar y asegurarnos de no salir muy tarde del hotel, porque a las 11 hay que estar de vuelta porque cierran- si, si, se preocupan mucho y nos cuidan aca.

No comments:

Post a Comment