Monday, September 21, 2009

Caminando por Mumbai/ Walking around Mumbai










Day 1 Mumbai. Woke up ridiculously early, but managed to potter around enough to leave the hotel at a reasonable time. The shower is a fun experience. The bathroon is tiny, so tiny, that you actually gotta squatter sideways to pee, cause when I did it forwards (normal way) the first time I hit my head against the wall in front. Somehow they've managed to make this tiny tiny bathroon to be not only the toilet, but also the shower- which was easily accomplished by putting taps on the wall and a hose/showerhead hose thing. OH! And let't not forget the buckets. So I'm not quite sure I did it right, but I decided to use the hose thing, standing with my legs spread with the bucket on the floor underneath me, to minimise the ammount of water flooding this tiny tiny bathroom. I soon realised this was not necessary, as the ammount of water coming out of the shower head when fully open, was basically the same ammount coming out of the tap on the wall when closed and dripping. Fun, cold, but it was nice in the heat. Spent the day walking around the city- Colaba area (where I was the only foreigner, so not sure if I went to the wrong place or it's just not popular- nothing to see really, or at least I didn't find anything to see), Gateway of India (there was only 1 foreigner there besides me... but I do know this was the right place at least), then walked along the famous touristic Causeway area, went into Leopold's cafe (so exciting!! for anyone who's read Shantaram, you know what I mean), walked past the Taj Hotel, etc etc. Oh, I was forgetting! Breakfast was cool- I bought a giantly delicious vegetable samosa from a street vendor (no, not vomiting still) for the equivalent on AUD$0.15, and the guy was nice enough to wrap it up in a newspaper sheet for me to takeaway.... uhm...yeah:) My friend Jane (hello Jane!) is arriving tonight, so I'm meeting her at the airport, exciting!!!!!! Hopefully the taxi experience will be easier, as I am organising it via the hotel this time. Oh! And as I sit here now, I got a red paint third eye on, a red and yellow string bracelet, a yellow flower and have eaten some sugary little things- all compliments of a guy saying some sort of festival is on.





Dia 1 en Mumbai. Me desperte ridiculamente temprano pero di suficientes vueltas y pelotudee bastante asi que me fui del hotel a una hora razonable. La ducha fue una experiencia divertida. El banio es chiquitito, tan chiquitito que tuve que agacharme de costado para hacer pis, porque cuando me agache de frente (la forma normal) me choque la cabeza contra la pared, oops! De alguna manera lograron que este banio chiquitito chiquitito sea no solamente el banio, pero tambien la ducha. Lo cual no fue muy dificil de lograr en verdad, lo unico que hicieron fue agregar canillas en la pared y una manguera con duchador. AH! Y no nos olvidemos de los baldes! Asi que no se si lo hice bien o no, pero decidi usar la manguera con duchador, parada con las piernas abiertas y el balde grande entremedio de las piernas abajo mio, para minimizar la cantidad de agua que caia en el piso de este banio chiquitito chiquitito. Pero pronto me di cuenta que no era necesaria esta maniobra, porque la cantidad de agua que salio del duchador cuando abri la canilla fue basicamente la misma cantidad de agua que caia de la canilla cuando estaba cerrada y goteando... Muy divertido, agua fria, pero no importa porque hace mucho calor. Me pase el dia caminando por la ciudad- el area de Colaba (que no estoy segura si fui al lugar correcto o no porque era la unica turista- no habia nada para ver en verdad, o no se si es que yo no encontre nada para ver), Gateway de India (un arco- habia un solo turista mas ademas de mi, pero aca estoy segura que estaba en el lugar correcto), despues camine por la zona famosa y turistica de Causeway, entre al cafe Leopold's (re emocion!! para los que leyeron Shantaram saben a lo que me refiero), pase por el Hotel Taj, etc, etc. Ah! me olvidaba! El desayuno estuvo bueno! Comi una samosa de verduras gigante y riquisima que compre en un puestito en la calle (no, todavia no vomite!) que me costo el quivalente de $0.30 de pesos, y el tipo tenia tan buena onda que hasta me la envolvio en una hoja de diario para que me la pueda llevar... si, exacto:) Mi amiga Jane (trabajabamos juntas en Australia) llega hoy a la noche, asi que la voy a buscar al aeropuerto esta noche. Espero que la situacion con el taxi sea mejor, porque organize el taxi yo por medio del hotel esta vez. Ah! Y mientras escribo esto, tengo un tercer ojo rojo en pintura, una pulserita de hilo roja y amarilla, una flor amarilla, y me comi unos cositos chiquitos de azucar que me dio un tipo a la fuerza en la calle, por no se que festival.

1 comment:

  1. seguimos tu ruta dia a dia espero puedas traducir ya que cero ingles y ..... besossss

    ReplyDelete