Saturday, March 6, 2010

Losses in Brazil/Perdidas en Brazil

So, I gotta say that despite Brazil being awesome I suffered some terrible losses. First of all, on the flight from Buenos Aires to Sao Paulo they stole my little voodoo doll, Aladdin. He was a little doll which I bought with Jane (my friend who came to India and Nepal with me) when we went to the Gold Coast for her birthday last year, and we both got one to attach to our bags. I had mine attached to my big bagpack, and always made sure I put it inside the bag before each flight. When I grabbed my bag in Sao Paulo I noticed all the knots I usually make on the straps where all undone. I felt the bag, everything seemed to be there, so I left. And when I opened it I realized Aladdin had been stolen. Bastards… it was the only valuable thing they could find in my bag.
I also had another voodoo doll, Bandit, which was attached to my small daypack. Bandit was a farewell gift from Erin, a friend form work. It was so funny and such a coincidence that she also got me a voodoo doll! Bandit tried to escape and commit suicide many, many times during the trip, but I always managed to recover him. Once in India I even walked down 6 sets of stairs and back 3 blocks until I found him, poor thing lying on the footpath surrounded by men spitting (at him?) He was looking dirty and tired, and had parts of his body broken and missing, but he was still a good companion. But I lost him in Rio. I looked around a bit, but to be honest I didn´t walk back too much. I guessed he was tired of travelling already… or maybe just wanted to go off on his own and find his own path in life.
My pair of sunglasses also broke while I was in Rio, during Carnival at the Sambodromo. Yes, the same pair which featured in the Planetarium episode, after all that trouble to get them back! I bought a cheap pair of sunnies which lasted 2 days and broke. So I am now onto my third pair, and they are good so far.


Debo decir que a pesar que Brazil fue alucinante, sufri unas perdidas terribles. Primero que nada, en el vuelo de Buenos Aires a Sao Paulo se robaron mi muñequito voodoo, Aladdin. Aladdin era un muñequito que me habia comprado con Jane (mi amiga que vino a India y Nepal conmigo), cuando fuimos a la Gold Coast para su cumpleaños el año pasado, y las 2 nos habiamos comprado uno para poner en nuestras mochilas. Yo tenia el mio en mi mochila grande, y siempre me aseguraba de meterlo del lado de adentro de la mochila antes de cada vuelo. Cuando agarre mi mochila al llegar a Sao Paulo me di cuenta que los nudos que siempre le hago a las tiras estaban todos deshechos. Toque la mochila, parecia que no faltaba nada, asi que me fui. Y cuando la abri me di cuenta que se lo habian robado a Aladdin... bastardos... fue lo unico de valor que pudieron encontrar en mi mochila!
Tambien tenia otro muñequito voodoo, Bandit, que estaba enganchado en mi mochila chiquita, la diaria. Bandit fue un regalo de despedida de Erin, una amiga del trabajo. Fue muy gracioso y re coincidencia que ella tambien me regalo un muñequito voodoo! Bandit trato de escapar y de suicidarse muchas, muchas veces durante el viaje, pero siempre logre recuperarlo. Una vez en India hasta baje 6 pisos por escalera y camine 3 cuadras de vuelta hasta encontrarlo, pobrecito, tirado en la vereda rodeado de tipos escupiendo (a el??). Ya estaba todo sucio y cansado, y con partes del cuerpo rotas y faltandole, pero seguia siendo un buen compañero de viaje. Pero lo perdi en Rio. Lo busque un poco, pero debo admitir que no mucho. Supongo que ya estaba cansado de viajar... o tal vez queria irse por su cuenta, y buscar su propio camino en la vida.
Mis anteojos de sol tambien se rompieron mientras estaba en Rio, la noche del Carnaval en el Sambodromo. Si, el mismo par de anteojos del episodio sobre el Planetario, despues de tanto quilombo para recuperarlos! Me compre un par de anteojos barato, que me duraron 2 dias y se rompieron. Asi que ahora voy por el tercer par, y por ahora estan bien.

No comments:

Post a Comment