Thursday, March 25, 2010

La Paz 2







11th of March. Thursday. The day I would find out if I could get into San Pedro gaol. The answer is: NO. I failed miserably at my task. I called several times, they weren’t answering, the person was in a meeting, then they made me call a different person. But finally I got my answer: yes, your application will be approved tomorrow. How can they know something will be approved tomorrow?? If they already know it will be approved it’s because it’s been considered and decided already, so why tomorrow and not today?!?! Anyway, the answer was no, not for today, and I have to leave La Paz first thing in the morning tomorrow cause I have flights to catch. Mission unaccomplished.
But I had a great day anyway. I went to some museums in the city, and then caught a “shared taxi” to the Moon Valley. It was beautiful there, amazing rock formations. I spent some hours walking around the area and got back to the hotel in the afternoon. We had arranged to all meet back there at 7:30pm for a farewell night. I met up with Ighal and Ariel, we waited around for Sergio but he didn’t show up, so we went out for dinner and back to bed shortly after. We were getting worried about Sergio who wasn’t back yet, but he finally got back after 1am- he had gone to have his tattoo done at 10am and had been at the tattoo shop up until now, wow!


11 de Marzo. Jueves. El dia que me decian si podia ir a la carcel de San Pedro. La respuesta es: NO. Fracase miserablemente en mi mission. Llame varias veces, no contestaban, la persona estaba en una reunion, despues me hicieron llamar a otra persona. Pero finalmente tuve mi respuesta: si, tu aplicacion va a ser aprobada manana. Como pueden saber que algo va a ser aprobado manana?!?! Si ya saben que va a ser aprobado es porque ya fue considerado y decidido, asi que por que manana y no hoy?!?! La cosa es que la respuesta fue no, no par ahoy, y me tengo que ir de La Paz manana temprano porque tengo vuelos que tomarme. Mision no cumplida.
Pero tuve un muy buen dia igualmente. Fui a unos museos en la ciudad, y me tome un “taxi compartido” al Valle de la Luna. Lindisimo, formaciones rocosas increibles. Pase una horas caminando por el area y volvi al hotel a la tarde. Habiamos quedado en encontrarnos todos ahi a las 7:30pm para la noche de despedida. Me encontre con Ighal y Ariel, epseramos a Sergio pero no aparecio, asi que nos fuimos a cenar y volvimos a dormer temprano. Nos estabamos empezando a preocupar por Sergio porque todavia no habia vuelto, pero por fin llego despues de la 1am- se habia idio a las 10am a hacerse el tatuaje y habia estado en el negocio de tatuajes hasta recien, wow!

1 comment: