Thursday, February 25, 2010

Recovery Day/ Dia de Recuperacion







The last day in Rio was a quiet one for recovery: I needed sleep, and my sore, bleeding feet needed a rest. So I went for lunch with Daniel and Rogerio (fake Bruno) to the shopping centre nearby, and we did some shopping for dinner. Back to the house, laundry, internet, and we watched a DVD: City of Men, about the favelas in Rio de Janeiro, it was a very good movie. The 4 of us (Daniel, the 2 Brunos and I) then had dinner and caipirinhas at home, and Daniel and Rogerio went out, Bruno and I decided to have an early night, which in between packing our bags, using the internet, doing the laundry, and uploading photos it was 3:30 am when I finally went to bed.
The next day we woke up early and Daniel accompanied Bruno and I to the bus station. Bruno got a bus to Sao Paulo, and I got a bus to Cabo Frio. Turns out Bruno is gonna be in Lima at the same time as me, so he´s agreed to be my tour guide for a day there.

El ultimo dia en Rio fue un dia tranquilo para recuperarme: necesitaba dormir, y mis pies dolorosos y ensangrentados necesitaban descansar. Asi que fui a almorzar con Daniel y Rogerio (el Bruno falso) al shopping cerca de ahi, y hicimos compras para la cena. De vuelta a la casa, a lavar ropa, usar internet, y miramos un DVD: Ciudad de los Hombres, sobre las favelas en Rio de Janeiro, muy buena la pelicula. Despues los 4 (Daniel, los 2 Brunos y yo) cenamos y tomamos caipirinhas en la casa, y Daniel y Rogerio salieron, Bruno y yo decidimos quedarnos para irnos a dormir temprano, pero entre empacar nuestra mochilas, usar internet, lavar ropa, y subir las fotos de la camaram se hicieron las 3:30am cuando finalmente me pude ir a dormir.
Al dia siguiente nos despertamos temprano y Daniel nos acompanio a Bruno y a mi a la estacion de buses. Bruno se tomo un bus a Sao Paulo y yo un bus a Cabo Frio. Y resulta que Bruno va a estar en Lima cuando yo vaya, asi que va a hacerme de guia turistico por un dia.


No comments:

Post a Comment