Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cabo Frio








Cabo Frio is a small city less than 3 hours north of Rio, with nice beaches. Just the place I wanted to go to and relax for a few days and do nothing after Carnival, which turned out as hectic as I had anticipated it would be.
I had lined up a couchsurfing host there as well, Vitor. We met up at the bus station and went to his house (half walked, half got a lift from a friend of Vitor´s). Vitor lives with his parents and his sister, which are lovely, lovely people, I spent a lot of time talking to his parents and to his grandfather who was really cool. The house was always full of his friends, and despite Vitor being 24 years old, his friends were all aged between 11 and 17... they were great kids, but they were still kids, so it was a bit of a tragic comic situation the whole time I was there, hanging out with teenagers, too funny!
I got there in the afternoon, stayed at the house for a couple of hours, while I was showering and getting to know everyone they were playing Xbox games and chatting online. We then went to the beach and climbed up to the fort and the rocks. And back to the house, to get ready for the night´s bloco (carnival street party). The bloco was cool, we walked and danced along as per usual custom, but at the end of it instead of joining everyone in the pubs and bars, we stood on the footpath all night, with all the other teenagers who are not allowed in cause of being underage. That was way too funny and bizarre for me... I bought drinks off the street vendors and drank there all night, watching the people go by and observing Brazilian teenager habits.
The next day we woke up at midday, stayed in the house chatting with Vitor´s parents and reading my book for a couple of hours and then went to the beach with Vitor and his friends. They wandered off, playing around, I stayed reading my book and napping on the beach, totally relaxed. We went out for dinner and then back to the house, spent a couple of hours on the internet.
The next day was also very relaxed, woke up late, chilled, and then I went to Buzios in the afternoon. I went to the beach there, and then walked around a bit, got something to eat, and went back to Vitor´s house at night. We went out at night, walking the streets again, but I went back home after a couple of hours, it was cold and I didn´t see the point of standing in a corner in the cold...
The next day again woke up late, I left in the afternoon back to Rio, and I got there at night (20th of February).
So I think I can say it was mission accomplished: I wanted to chill out, relax, and do nothing in Cabo Frio for a few days, so in a way I am glad Vitor´s friends were underage, or I would have ended having late nights every night again... it was all just a bit too weird for me!



Cabo Frio es una ciudad chiquita a menos de 3 horas al norte de Rio, con playas lindas. El tipo de lugar que queria para ir a relajarme por unso dias y no hacer nada despues del Carnaval, que resulto ser tan frenetico como me lo habia anticipado.
Habia arreglado para hacer couchsurfing ahi tambien, con Vitor. Nos encontramos en la estacion de bus y fuimos a su casa (mitad caminando, mitad nos llevo en auto una amiga). Vitor vive con sus papas y su hermana, que son un amor, pase mucho tiempo hablando con los papas y con el abuelo que era un idolo. La casa estaba siempre llena de amigos, y a pesar de que Vitor tiene 24 anios, sus amigos tenian todos entre 11 y 17... eran buenos chicos, pero eran chicos, asi que fue una situacion muy tragi-comica todo el tiempo que estuve ahi, pasando el tiempo con adolescentes, muy gracioso!
Llegue a la tarde, nos quedamos en la casa un par de horas, mientras yo me banie y hablaba con todos esllos jugaban a la XBox y chateaban por internet. Despues fuimos a la playa y subimos al fuerte y a las rocas. Y de vuelta a la casa, para salir al bloco que habia a la noche (fiesta en la calle).
El bloco estuvo muy bueno, caminamos y bailamos siguiendolo como es la costumbre, pero al final en vez de ir a los bares y pubs, nos quedamos parados en la vereda toda la noche, con el resto de los adolescentes que no pueden entrar a ningun bar por ser menores de edad. Eso fue muy divertido y bizarro... yo me compraba tragos de los vendedores de la calle y tome en la vereda toda la noche, mirando a la gente que pasaba y observando los habitos de la adolescencia brazilera.
Al dia siguiente nos despertamos al mediodia, me quede en la casa charlando con los papas de Vitor y leyendo un libro por un par de horas y despues fuimos a la playa con Vitor y los amigos. Ellos se fueron a dar vueltas, jodiendo, y yo me quede leyendo mi libro y durmiendo una siesta en la playa, totalmente relajada. Salimos a cenar y despues de vuelta a la casa, pase un par de horas en internet y a dormir.
El dia siguiente tambien fue muy relajado, me desperte tarde, boludee, y despues me fui a Buzios a la tarde. Fui a la playa ahi, camine, di vueltas, comi algo, y despues volvi a la casa de Vitor a la noche. Salimos a la noche, caminando por las calles nuevamente, pero yo me volvi a la casa despues de un par de horas, porque hacia frio y no le veia el sentido a estar parada en una esquina con el frio...
Al dia siguiente me desperte tarde, y a la tarde me fui de vuelta para Rio, y llegue de noche (20 de febrero).
Asi que creo que puedo decir que fue mision cumplida: me queria relajar y no hacer nada en Cabo Frio por unos dias, asi que en cierto modo me alegro que los amigos de Vitor hayan sido todos menores de edad, o hubiera terminado quedandome despierta hasta tarde de nuevo todas las noches... pero la verdad toda la situacion fue un poco estrania para mi!

No comments:

Post a Comment