Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mumbai toma 2/Mumbai Take 2



Back where I began. I'm glad I had to come back to Mumbai, cause I gave it a second chance and I liked it more than the first time round. The train got in at 6am, so after finding a place to stay (or half stay cause I gotta leave at 2am to go to the airport) I went to Elephanta Island in the morning. 1 hour boat each way, 1 hour on the island only.... not much to do really. It's famous for the "Elephanta caves"- there's 5 caves. The first one is absolutely amazing, great stone carvings, really impressive. Then there's 1 with a tiny bit of mediocre carvings. And then there's 3 others with nothing at all. Uhm... But I guess the first one made it worth it.
The rest of the day I walked around town, I looked at some landmarks (clock tower, University, High Court building), went back to look at the Gateway of India (the famous Arch) and again into the Taj Hotel (to use the toilet, what a luxury!), I sold my India Lonely Planet to a guy from a street stall... and that's it. It's almost 7pm now, and I'm planning on being in bed by 8 hopefully, so I can get some sleep before going to the airport.
And- today is Sara and Colin's wedding (friends in Australia)- Congratulations!!!!!

De nuevo al punto de partida. Me alegra que tuve que venir de vuelta a Mumbai, porque le di una segunda oportunidad y me gusto mas que la primera vez. El tren llego a las 6 de la manana, asi que despues de encontrar un lugar para quedarme (o semi quedarme porque me tengo que ir a las 2 de la manana para ir al aeropuerto), fui a la Isla Elefanta a la manana. Una hora en bote de ida y una hora de vuelta, y una hora solo en la isla... no hay mucho para hacer la verdad. Es famosa por las "Cuevas de Elefanta"- hay 5 cuevas. La primera es totalmente espectacular, con tallados en piedras buenisimos, muy impresionante. Despues hay una con algunitos tallados mediocres. Y despues hay 3 que no tienen nada de nada. Uhm... pero supongo que la primera cueva hizo que valga la pena.
El resto del dia camine por la ciudad, mire edificios famosos (el reloj, la universidad, la corte), fui de nuevo al Gateway of India (el Arco famoso) y de nuevo al Hotel Taj (para usarles el banio, un lujo!), y vendo mi guia de India a un tipo con un puesto de libros usados... y eso es todos. Y son casi las 7pm ahora, y el plan es irme a dormir tipo 8 con suerte, asi puedo dormir un poco antes de tener que ir al aeropuerto.
Y- hoy es el casamiento de Sara y Colin (amigos en Australia)- Felicitaciones!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment