Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hampi- my fave/my preferida




Yep, so far Hampi has been my favourite place in India. I was thinking of spending 2 days there, but ended up staying 4 cause it was so beautiful. There wasn't much to do, but just hanging out and looking at the city was great. The first 2 days I looked at all the ruins, temples, boulders, etc. I met an Aussie and an English guys and spent some time with them. The last 2 days I crossed over to the other side of the river. The first of these days I went with them to the Hanuman Temple- up 500 steps, but the view was absolutely worth it. Hanuman is one of the Hindu Gods (there's about 30 million Gods in Hinduism, insane!), he's the monkey God. BTW- My favourite God is Ganesh (the Elephant God), he's the remover of obstacles:) The last day I went back again to the other side of the river as Lisa (a psych from work) absolutely recommended and insisted I go to a reservoir/lake for a swim. I thought I wasn't gonna be able to make it, but thanks to trains being full I stayed one day longer and did it. It was excellent, thank you Lisa!! Although I was a bit freaked out by the warning signs about crocodiles, so I only had 2 quick swims and I spent most of the time on the rocks (even though Lisa and the locals told me there's no crocs in there in actual fact, it was still very scary being the only person there...)

Si, por ahora Hampi es mi lugar preferido en India. Tenia pensado pasar 2 dias ahi, pero me termine quedando 4 dias porque era tan linda. No hay mucho para hacer, pero simplemente estar ahi y mirar a la ciudad es hermoso. Los primeros 2 dias mire las ruinas, templos, rocas, etc. Conoci a un australiano y un ingles y pase tiempo con ellos. Los ultimos 2 dias cruze al otro lado del rio. El primero de estos dias fue con ellos al Templo de Hanuman- 500 escalones, pero la vista definitivamente valio la pena. Hanuman es uno de los Dioses Hundues (hay mas o menos 30 millones de Dioses en el Hinduisimo, una locura!), es el Dios Mono. Al margen- my Dios preferido es Ganesh (el Dios Elefante), es el que quita obstaculos. El ultimo dia cruze otra vez del otro lasod del rio porque Lisa (una psicologa de mi laburo) me recomendo y me re insistio para que vaya a la reserva/lago a nadar. Pense que no iba a poder ir, pero gracias a que los trenes estaban llenos me quede un dia mas en Hampi y pude ir. Estuvo excelente, gracias Lisa!! Aunque me dio un poco de cagazo los carteles de advertencia sobre cocodrilos, asi que mi nado fue un poco rapido y pase la mayoria del tiempo en las rocas (aunque Lisa y los locales me dijeron que en realidad no hay cocodrilos en el area, igual me dio miedito, siendo la unica persona que habia en todo el lugar...)

No comments:

Post a Comment