Saturday, May 1, 2010

Plane Meals/ Comidas de Avion

I flew from New York to Nairobi (Kenya) via London, so that gave me a great opportunity for not 1, but 2 more plane meals, yay!
So, I had kosher food (Jewish) on the first flight, and Halal food (Muslim) on the second one. I think I'm allowed to change religions during my lifetime, right?
On my first flight I had a highly Jewish experience. Across the aisle there were 4 traditional orthodox Jews sitting- the men with the hat, curly long hair on the sides, the full attire, and the woman also dressed very traditionally and with a hat and wig as well. And I found myself watching a movie by the Coen Brothers, who happened to be very much about Jewish life, so when my meal came I felt like I was in a parallel universe almost. And I have to say, so far of all my plane meals, this one has been my favourite one. Included the supposed muffin which I took with me from the plane and when I got it out to eat in Nairobi it turned out it wasn't a muffin at all but a tuna sandwich! hahaha
The Halal food was good as well. But to be honest they fed me so much, 4 meals in total in 2 flights, so there was lots of things I couldn't even try, I was so full. But a big disappointment was when I saw that the equivalent of my little box of raisins, for other people was a Kit Kat chocolate! Spewing, I hated my life then.

Vole de Nueva York a Nairobi (Kenya) via Londres, asi que eso me dio una gran oportunidad para no 1, sino 2 comidas de avion, yay!
Asi que tuve comida kosher (judia) en el primer vuelo y comida halal (musulmana) en el segundo. Creo que tengo permitido cambiar de religion en mi vida, no?
En mi primer vuelo tuve una experiencia muy judia. Al otro lado del pasillo habia 4 judios ortodoxos sentados- los hombres con los sombreros y el pelo largo ondulado en los costados, toda la vestimenta, y la mujer tambien vestida bien tradicional y con sombrero y peluca tambien. Y me puse a ver una pelicula de los hermanos Coen, que resulto ser sobre una familia judia, asi que cuando me llego la comida me senti casi como que estaba en un universo paralelo. Y debo decir, hasta ahora de todas mis comidas de avion, esta fue my preferida. Incluyendo el supuesto budin que me lleve del avion y que cuando lo saque para comermelo en Nairobi resulto que no era un budin sino un sandwich de atun! hahaha
La comida Halal tambien estuvo buena. Pero para ser honesta me dieron tanto de comer, 4 comidas completas en 2 vuelos, asi que hubo muchas cosas que no pude ni probar, estaba re llena. Pero una gran desilusion fue cuando vi que el equivalente a mi cajita de pasas de uvas, para el resto de la gente era un chocolate Kit Kat! A las puteadas, odie mi vida en ese instante.

2 comments:

  1. compartí los menués! A ver si vale la pena cambiar porque la comida "normal" no es gran cosa por lo general

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uy la verdad no me acuerdo que me dieron... o mejor dicho no se si alguna vez lo supe! Pero estaba buena la comida kosher!

    ReplyDelete