Sunday, December 20, 2009

Argentina











I´ve been in Buenos Aires for about 1 week now. It was a long 45 and a half hours trip from the moment I left the hotel in Tokyo until I walked into my mother's house in Argentina- subway and train the Narita Airport, plane to New York, a couple of hours stopover there, then plane to Sao Paulo, about 8 hours there (it was hell; tiny, shitty transit area- no internet, no smoking anywhere at all, no TV, 2 shops (1 was closed) and 1 coffee shop), then plane to Buenos Aires, straight to a restaurant for dinner with 2 of my brothers (Diego and Matias), my mother, and Diego's wife (Jackie), and after all that I finally arrived.
The next day I went out for lunch with my father and my third brother, Joaquin, and then shopping for shoes with Joaquin (oh yeah, he loves shoe shopping haha) cause my pair of sneakers had holes in them already, and both my big toes were sticking out by now. So now I have a new pair of sneakers, which have no holes in them but they hurt my feet. Oh well, you can't have everything!
The next day was Matias' birthday (he's 11 already!), so we had his birthday party with the family at his father's place, and the day after we went shopping for his birthday present (the first thing he asked for was like 500 dollars, the next 2 he already has them but "I don´t know where they are", the 4th one he already has it but it's being repaired at the moment, so we finally settled on the 5th option- that was hard, and Christmas is coming up soon as well...) and after that we went to his birthday party with the kids from school.
The next day I went to watch Matias at his swimming lessons (which apparently he now hates?!?) and after that we went to Diego and Jackie's house and stayed there for a couple of nights. I met up with Luli and Chris (a friend from school and her South African husband, they live in South Africa but are here visiting), and Matias spent the day in the pool.
Another day I met up with Karen- a friend who now lives in San Francisco. I went out with her, her sister and her friends and then stayed the night at the sister's place.
Last night I met up with my aunt Ana and her friends, and today lunch with my father.
So that is a detailed run down on what I've been doing since I got to Argentina- won't be writing like this anymore, it's too boring, but basically the idea is: I've been catching up with everyone, and most importantly, eating and eating, which is the thing to be done in Argentina.

Hace como una semana que estoy en Buenos Aires. Fue un largo viaje de 45 horas y media desde que sali del hotel en Tokyo hasta que llegue a la casa de mi mama en Argentina- subte y tren al aeropuerto de Narita, avion a Nueva York, un par de horas en transito ahi, despues avion a Sao Paulo, como 8 horas ahi (fue una pesadilla, un area de transito chiquita de porqueria- sin internet, sin sector fumadores en ningun lado, sin TV, 2 negocios (1 estaba cerrado) y 1 cafe), despues avion a Buenos Aires, de ahi derecho a cenar a un restaurante con 2 de mis hermanos (Diego y Matias), mi mama, y la mujer de Diego (Jackie), y despues de todo eso finalmente llegue.
Al dia siguiente fui a almorzar con mi papa y mi tercer hermano, Joaquin, y despues me fui a comprar zapatos con Joaquin (ah si, le encanta salir a comprar zapatos haha) porque mis zapatillas estaban agujereadas, y los dedos gordos de los 2 pies se salian por los agujeros. Asi que ahora tengo un par de zapatillas nuevas, que no tienen agujeros pero me lastiman los pies. Y bueno, todo no se puede!
Al dia siguiente fue el cumpleanios de Matias (ya tiene 11!), asi que tuvimos la fiesta de cumpleanios familiar en la casa de su papa, y al dia siguiente fuimos a comprarle su regalo de cumpleanios (la primer cosa que pidio costaba como 500 dolares, las 2 siguientes ya las tiene pero "no se donde estan", la 4ta ya la tiene pero la estan arreglando en este momento, asi que finalmente nos pusimos de acuerdo con la 5ta opcion- costo es asunto, y ahora tambien se viene Navidad dentro de poco...), y despues de eso fuimos al festejo de cumpleanios con los amigos del colegio.
Al siguiente dia lo fui a ver a Matias a su clase de natacion (que aparentemente ahora lo odia?!?) y despues de ahi fuimos a la casa de Diego y Jackie y nos quedamos un par de noches ahi. Me encontre con Luli y Chris (una amiga del colegio y el marido que es sudafricano, viven en Sudafrica pero estan aca de visita), y Matias se paso el dia en la pileta.
Otro dia me encontre con Karen, una amiga que ahora vive en San Francisco. Sali con ella, la hermana, y las amigas y me quede a dormir en lo de la hermana.
Anoche me junte con mi tia Ana y sus amigas, y hoy almuerzo con mi papa.
Asi que esa es una descripcion detallada de lo que estuve haciendo desde que llegue a Argentina- no voy a seguir escribiendo asi, es muy aburrido, pero basicamente la idea es: me estuve encontrando con todo el mundo, y lo mas importante, comiendo y comiendo, que es lo que hay que hacer en Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment