Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mascota III/Mascot III


Ok, time for an update on the mascot situation. So my current mascot was a painting on cloth which I got from Sebastien (my French-born, USA-raised couchsurfing host in Hong Kong). I forgot to do the swap just before leaving India as planned, so I swapped it last night, only 2 days after arival in Nepal- I reckon it's still valid. I swapped it with one of the guys working at the hotel where we are staying. He loved my mascots concept and the swapping ceremony. He gave me a.... whatever it's called, he couldn't remember the name of it either. I now refer to it as "the thing". It was handmade by his grandmother. When he told me this, I refused to accept it, but he said it's nothing special, no sentimental value, and that she makes heaps of them. So all good. He said it's a seat, made of rattan and the decorations are actually lolly wraps, how cool is that! I love my new mascot. But with Jane we've discovered it is so much more than a seat. We counted about 15 uses for it- seat, hat, umbrella, basket for carrying fruit on your head, to use it to cover your mouth when yawning, spare tyre, frisbee... I've forgotten the rest, but you get the idea. I love my new mascot, it's so cool. Although I do have to carry it in my hand all day cause it doesn't fit in my daypack. I can see this whole mascot swapping situation turning into something like that story of the guy who started with a red paper clip and swapped it until he got a house. I really wouldn't like that to happen, how on earth am I gonna carry a house around while I travel?
For those of your who wanna check it out, this is the red paper clip to house website:
http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com

Ok, ultimas noticias sobre mi mascota. Mi ultima mascota era una pintura en tela que me dio Sebastien (mi host de couchsurfing en Hong Kong, nacido en Francia, criado en USA). Me olvide de hacer el canje justo antes de irme de India, como era el plan, asi que lo cambie anoche, solo 2 dias despues de haber llegado a Nepal- asi que me parece que es valido, no? Hice el canje con uno de los tipos que trabaja en el hotel en el que nos estamos quedando. Le encanto mi idea de las mascotas y la ceremonia del canje. Me dio un... como sea que se llame, el tampoco se podia acordar del nombre. Yo lo llamo "la cosa". Fue hecho a mano por su abuela. Cuando me dijo eso, me negue a aceptarlo, pero me dijo que no es nada especial, que no tiene valor sentimental, y que la abuela hace montones de "cosas". Asi que todo bien. Me dijo que es un asiento, hecho de rattan y que las decoraciones son envoltorios de caramelos, una masa! Me encanta mi nueva mascota. Pero con Jane descubrimos que es mucho mas que un asiento. Contamoes como 15 usos que tiene- asiento, sombrero, paraguas, canasta para llevar fruta en la cabeza, para taparte la boca al bostezar, rueda de auxilio, frisbee... no me acuerdo el resto, pero mas o menos se hacen una idea. Me encanta mi nueva mascota, esta buenisima! Aunque la tengo que llevar en la mano todo el dia porque no entra en mi mochila de dia. Ya me veo que este asunto de canje de mascotas va a terminar siendo como esa historia del tipo que empezo con un clip rojo y lo cambio hasta que le dieron una casa. No me gustaria que pase eso, porque como mierda transporto una casa mientras viajo??
Y para los que esten interesados, esta es la website del tipo que paso del clip rojo a una casa:

http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. holaaaa veo estas reeeeee divertida y audaz por lo del bus estas reeee loca por 0.80 centavo de dolarrrr?ACA NO ES NADA PERO ES PROBABLE QUE EN INDIA sea una fortuna .
    mati no viene a almorzar a casa desde que trabajo con el abuelo
    todos comparten tus hazaƱas y relatos de tu viaje lo tenemos en hojas y releemos
    besos cuidateeeee y acordate de tu proyecto intercambio besisss mamaamamamm

    ReplyDelete