Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Family, teeth, and an ice skating rink/ Familia, dientes, y una pista de patinaje sobre hielo (suena mejor en ingles)


Wednesday was an early start. I went with my mother to my grandparents' house (my mother works with my grandfather). Last night I finished the book I was reading (Snuff), so I borrowed one from my grandfather now (it's in Spanish, but the title translates to "The atrocious Charm of being argentineans", by Marcos Aguinis), which a few days later I found out it actually belongs to my aunt Ana, not to my grandfather... cheeky!

So I spent the morning there with my mother and my grandparents, and then my mother and I went to see the dentist. Now, the story is this: my mother is a dentist, but she hasn't worked as a dentist for years. And the health insurance I have in Argentina (yes, I still have one here even though I've left the country almost 7 years ago... go figure!) is the dentists' association health insurance. Which covers you for everything and anything except for dentistry... I guess cause they assume that if you already have a dentist in the family you won't need to see another one...? So, because my mother no longer has an office, we went to her friend's office, Karina. Purpose of the visit: a check up. Last time I had had one: Uhm... 2 years maybe? WRONG! Last time I had had one had been 5 years ago!!! Shame on me! I guess time just flies when you are having fun, huh? But the good news is that my teeth are as happy and as healthy as they've always been, I still can't believe I've never had a tooth cavity in my whole life. So, dentist check up: checked!

Back to my grandparents house for a bit and then back home. And then I went ice skating with my brother Matias. It was so funny!! Last time I had done ice skating I was about 8 years old, I used to love it. It was so weird to be doing it again, but heaps heaps of fun. And we met up there with some friends (some of the people I went to Gualeguaychu with- Luli, Chris, their daughter Mia, Diego, Phil, Fede, Mariki). Matias had some difficulties with his left foot insisting on walking while the right one was happily ice skating, but he got it after a while. And he had some nice falls, poor knee. But I am proud to announce that despite me being very close to falling down many times, I managed to not fall down once. I rock!


Ek miercoles me levante temprano. Fui con mama a la casa de mis abuelos (mi mama trabaja con mi abuelo). Anoche termine el libro que estaba leyendo (Snuff), asi que hoy mi abuelo me presto uno (El Atroz Encanto de ser Argentinos, de Marcos Aguinis), y unos dias mas tarde me entere que el libro en realidad es de mi tia Ana, no de mi abuelo... picaron!

Asi que pase la manana ahi con mi mama y mis abuelos, y despues mi mama y yo fuimos al dentista. El tema es asi: mi mama es dentista pero hace anios que no trabaja de dentista. Y el seguro medico que tengo en Argentina (si, todavia tengo seguro medico aca aunque me fui de Argentina hace casi 7 anios... es asi!) es el seguro de la asociacion de odontologos. Que cubre todo menos dentistas... supongo que si ya tenes un dentista en la familia suponen que no vas a necesitar ver a otro dentista...? Entonces, como mi mama ya no tiene consultorio, fuimos al consultorio de una amiga de ella dentista, Karina. Motivo de la visita: un chequeo. Ultima vez que me habia hecho uno: uhm... 2 anios tal vez? ERROR! La ultima vez que me habia hecho un chequeo fue hace 5 anios! Una verguenza! Como vuela el tiempo, no? Pero la buena noticia es que mis dientes estan sanos y felices como siempre, no puedo creer que nucna tuve una caries en mi vida. Asi que chequeo de dientes: hecho!

De vuelta a la casa de mis abuelos un rato y despues de vuelta a casa. Y despues fui a hacer patinaje sobre hielo con mi hermano Matias. Estuvo tan divertido!! La ultima vez que hice patinaje sobre hielo tenia como 8 anios, me encantaba. Fue muy loco estar patinando de nuevo, pero estuvo muy muy divertido. Y nos encontramos ahi con unos amigos (algunos con los que fui a Gualeguaychu- Luli, Chris, su hija Mia, Diego, Phil, Fede y Mariki). Matias tuvo unos problemas con su pie izquierdo, que insistia en caminar mientras el derecho patinaba felizmente, pero despues de un rato le salio. Y se dio unas buenas caidas, pobre rodilla. Pero estoy orgullosa de anunciar que a pesar de que yo estuve muchas veces muy a punto de caerme, logre no caerme una sola vez. Soy una genia!

No comments:

Post a Comment